Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Random Videos of Geekery: Japanese Toy Commercials!

One of the things I enjoyed most about visiting Japan when I was in the navy was watching Japanese toy commercials on TV... and let me tell you, the commercials there made US commercials look boring by comparison! You'll see what I mean after the jump.


Check out this commercial for a Voltron toy... look at the combination of animation and stop-motion... who wouldn't want this toy?

Here's another commercial... notice all the special effects used in this, showing the toy doing stuff that it could not do by itself!


I'm planning to show a lot of Japanese toy commercials this month... stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Alot of the japanese adverts are miles better then the US ones..

    Shameless Plug time: Not too much intrest to many but any Sonic fans around here can view Japanese adverts that i had translated (and edited etc by me) on my site exclusivly ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.