Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Random Videos of Geekery: Japanese Toy Commercials!

Today sees the last of the awesome Japanese toy commercials featured in the Random Videos of Geekery... check them out after the jump!

First, a fantastic commercial for a Space Cruiser Yamato (aka Star Blazers) toy line!


This commercial is one I seem to recall seeing when I was in Japan, but I could be wrong... You might recognize this in as Robotech in the States!


Here's a whole bunch of those:


And if you happen to think that just the toy commercials in Japan are insanely cool, check this one out:

2 comments:

  1. Ah, nice.. Big Macross Fan me ^_^
    Of course, the VF-1 Valkyrie S was also released else were (US and UK etc) as the Transformer 'Jetfire'. Due to this fact, the head was changed for the Cartoon and he was renamed 'Sky Fire'. In fact, some of the Jetfires still even had the UN Spacey Ident stickers. I've, of course, have one.. but sadly my collection of Macross is lacking.. Got a Great VF-19 Fire Valkyrie Custom and a VF-12 Custom model kits.. Always wanted a transforming SDF-1..

    OH and that Hitachi advert is great ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed those, Manic Man!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.