Monday, February 07, 2011

Comic Book Advertisements!

dc_06_68_2
First up in this week's installment of comics ads is this full-page Aurora ad from the June, 1968 cover-dated DC books!

dc_06_68_4
Another ad from the same month's DC books, this is for Superman #207, which reprinted stories from Action Comics #265, Superman #135, Action #266, Action #236, and Lois Lane #15!

dc_06_68_5
Another ad from the same month's DCs, this one features a nifty Monogram model ad on the top (there was a trend for bizarre car models at the time), plus the recurring Palisades Park ad, which I've discussed before.

dc_06_68_6
One more ad before wrapping up this post... Ideal's Motorific toy line was pretty cool, if you ask me... and it's a toy line that I wish I had when I was a kid. In fact, it's pretty tempting even as an adult! Larger cars than slot car racing, these cars were self-propelling, and you could buy an amazing array of track pieces for the cars to drive through.

Some interesting web pages for Motorific can be found here and here, the latter with lots of great photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.