Friday, March 25, 2011

By the 10s: Iron Man!

Yes, I'm getting a lot of "Marvel titles I forgot to do before" here, aren't I? Well, today it's Shellhead's turn! When Tales of Suspense got split into two books, Captain America got to take over the numbering of that title, so Iron Man got his own issue #1 -- after the one-shot Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1 (which had Subby because the Hulk got to take over numbering of Tales to Astonish)!
im010.jpg
Here's issue 10, with Iron Man battling his arch-foe the Mandarin!

im020.jpg
Now we're on to issue 20, and the book was mostly being drawn by George Tuska. I may well be in the minority, but I consider Tuska to be one of comics' greats, and this was my favorite art era for Shellhead!

im030.jpg
Issue 30... sooner or later, just about every hero has to fight a robot samaurai. Well, I think this one is a robot, anyway.

im040.jpg
Issue 40! Good thing Tony set up his armor to project his speech underwater, eh?

im050.jpg
Issue 50... and Princess Python is giving Iron Man problems? I know that python was pretty strong, but not that strong!

im060.jpg
Issue 60!

im070.jpg
Issue 70!

im080.jpg
Issue 80, from the thankfully-brief "nose" era!

im090.jpg
Issue 90!

im100.jpg
Issue 100!

im110.jpg
Issue 110, guest-starring the Jack Of Hearts!

im120.jpg
Believe it or not, issue 120 is from the alcoholism storyline!

im130.jpg
Issue 130!

im140.jpg
Issue 140!

im150.jpg
And issue 150 wraps this up, with Iron Man vs. Doctor Doom! Kind of makes you wonder why Marvel didn't do this match-up years ago, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.