Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ten of a Kind: Favorite Restaurant Chains!

Wow, is this a different Ten of a Kind or what? Here's my favorite restaurant chains, as well as one or more of my favorite meals or menu items there!

1. Jack In the Box
Around where I live, if I'm going to get a burger and it's my choice as to where I get it, and it's going to be fast food or drive-through, chances are I'll be heading to Jack in the Box, and depending on what I'm in the mood for, it'll either be a Jumbo Jack or a Sirloin Burger. Well, how much cash I have on me is a factor there, too. Both burgers are great, although of course the sirloin burger tastes better. Both burgers come with fresh toppings and are cooked properly. Plus, since Jack in the Box's drive-through is open 24 hours a day, and you can order any menu item at any time, I can get these all the time!

2. Red Robin
This is my go-to place if I want to sit down and have my burger and fries brought to me, and my favorite burger at Red Robin is the Banzai Burger, which is a teriyaki-marinated burger patty with grilled pineapple slice and swiss cheese melted on top! It is absolutely wonderful (as all of their burger are), and of course, you can have as many helpings of fries as you want while you're there, with unlimited soda refills, too!

3. Olive Garden
This will be it for Italian sit-down dining, and I've got to tell you, I was almost iffy about including them, if only because the last time we went to dinner there, some of my favorite menu items were gone, and the specials didn't seem that special. I will say that their breadsticks rock, and the salad's pretty good... in fact, unless there's a special that I particularly want, I'd have to say my favorite thing to order there is their lunch special, with unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks -- and all the soups are great!

4. In-N-Out Burger
If there were any of these in Washington State, it'd be my number one favorite burger place. Sadly, the closest one is about 12 hours drive from here -- and that's a long way to go for a burger! I do think they have the best burgers of all time, though.

5. Papa Murphy's
Okay, this is a cheat, because Papa Murphy's isn't a restaurant, it's take-and-bake pizza... but it's still the best pizza you can get in a chain establishment! I highly recommend the Cowboy Pizza, although they are all good!

6. Papa John's
I haven't eaten Papa John's Pizza in way too long, but I recall it being a better pizza than Pizza Hut, Godfather's, or Round Table... although the latter two aren't bad, either.

7. Arby's
Gotta say, I love their cheddar and bacon sandwich, as well as their seasoned curly fries!

8. Wendy's
They're on this list for their 99¢ Junior Bacon Cheeseburger, which comes with lettuce (something most burgers for around a buck don't seem to have).

9. Starbuck's
Argue all you want about them not being a restaurant, this is my list! They're on it for a grande mocha latte with three extra shots, nonfat milk, no whipped cream. My second-favorite way to ingest caffeine (aside from Mountain Dew).

10. Kentucky Fried Chicken
At least when they have the barbeque boneless "wings" -- the kind with the sweet barbeque sauce, not the spicy!

4 comments:

  1. Good choices! I love Olive Garden, and Red Robin is a family favorite. But I will always choose Dunkin Donuts over Starbucks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose if there was a Dunkin Donuts anywhere near me, they might've made the list.

    Wendy's should really be dropped, however, as they seem to have discontinued that Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger since I wrote that post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon,
    Wendy's had a disastrous flirtation with the Tim Hortons restaurants (Canada's largest fast food chain) from 1995 to 2006. As a result, the Thomas family lost control of their restaurants in 2008 to Nelson Peltz's Triarc Cos., who already owned Arby's. That combination didn't work either, and Triarc spun off Arby's in 2011. Wendy's is not the restaurant they used to be.

    BTW, they've resurrected the ploy of using a redhead in their advertisements. That's not Wendy, however. Her name is Morgan Smith Goodwin. If they continue to fail, perhaps they'll bring back Clara Peller's commercials?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, Darcii!

      Delete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.