Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Comic Book Advertisements!

konga20_02
I'm still checking out ads from Charlton's "Konga" title, and today's ads come from issue #20!

Now, I've already mocked the "Record Riot" ad before, so I'll skip that one... on the other hand, I've never presented the Iron On Movie Monsters Before, and I have to say, they're kind of cool (big heads aside)! I'm not sure I've ever seen these turn up on eBay in all my searches!

konga20_06
Next, we have the "Jet Rocket" Space Ship, which I'd imagine is of the same genre as the Nautilus Sub we're more familiar with... still, if it looks anything like this illustration, it must've been pretty cool! I don't even want to think about what such a thing would cost these days, though...

konga20_15
I'm not going to talk about anything specific on this full-page ad, other than to note just how big a variety of stuff they were offering here!

konga20_31
Another good variety of stuff on this page! I'm pretty sure I've seen the stuff at the top of this page mostly offered through Charlton's war comics of the era, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.