Monday, May 02, 2011

Cool Stuff: Yes, More Marvel Stuff!

msh_im_partyhat
As we continue the parade of Marvel items, we're up to a couple of Iron Man items, such as the party hat above!

msh_im_thor_ff_cap_spidwm_puffystickers
Next, a bunch of Marvel characters (including Shellhead) as puffy stickers, using classic Bronze Age art!

msh_ironfist_argentstandee.jpg
I think this bizarre Argentina standee/game piece is the first Iron Fist merchandise I've ever presented here!

msh_ironman_argentinafig
msh_ironman_gulliver
Here's two different versions of a Gulliver Iron Man figure... one plain, one painted! I think I prefer the plain one myself.

msh_ironman_patch77
1977 Iron Man iron-on patch!

msh_licensingpage
I wonder how it was that Columbia Pictures had the licensing rights to the Marvel characters, as seen in this ad?

msh_lukecageshirt
Christmas! It's a Luke Cage vintage t-shirt!

msh_lunchbox_spideyhulkcap
msh_lunchbox_spideyhulkcap2
I find it ironic that this lunchbox featured Spidey and the Hulk together on one side, while Cap got the other side all to himself! The Spidey and Hulk pictures are often-seen licensing images, while the Cap drawing looks like a Steranko Cap from his short run on the title!

msh_magicslate88
msh_magicslate88-1
Magic Slates from 1988! You know, one thing I've got to wonder is why magic slates ended up featuring licensed characters... I mean, it's not like you got anything to help you draw those characters (other than the pictures on the top and sides)...

msh_marvelworldicarus1
msh_marvelworldicarus2
The Marvel World of Icarus album! If you want to bet a remastered version of this album, look no further than below!




And here's a video of the Iron Man track:


...and I think that pretty much shows you why we've never heard of this band other than for this album.

msh_meadhulkpaper.JPG
Mead notepaper with Hulk iron-on transfer!

msh_mexicanfigs
A batch of Mexican Marvel figures! Are they bootlegs? I have no idea... a lot of flash on these, isn't there? (Oh, by "flash" I mean the untrimmed plastic where the mold fit together)

msh_mrfantastic_argenstandee.jpg
Here's the Mr. Fantastic standee/game piece that was part of the same line as the Iron Fist one above!

msh_pencilcaps
Spidey and Hulk pencil caps and erasers!

msh_pencilcase_argentina1
msh_pencilcase_argentina2
This pencil case with the Marvel characters is just full of win... too bad it was only made and distributed in South America!

msh_posters
Marvelmania posters!

msh_powerman_bookcover
More Power Man items! First, there's the bookcover above, and then there's the iron-on below!
msh_powerman_patch

msh_puzzle
Vintage 1960s Marvel Super-Heroes puzzle! You know, before I started collecting pictures for Cool Stuff posts, I had no idea this even existed!

msh_quickdraw
Spidey and Hulk Quickdraw set! Wow, this almost makes swiping too easy, eh?

msh_rings_spidey1msh_rings_spidey2
Speaking of things I didn't know before I started collecting these pictures (as I did two pictures back), here's a bagged Marvel Super-Heroes ring, which I had thought were only sold through vending machines!

msh_schoolstickers
Super Heroes School Stickers from Colorforms! At last, a set of stickers I don't really care if they ever get reissued...

msh_sgtfurytoyhs
Yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you! Apparently there was a (short-lived) line of Sgt. Fury toys, although I'm guessing the Fury book was pretty much all-reprint when this came out!

msh_shootersargen-1
msh_shootersargen-2
msh_shootersargen-3
And here's some proof that not all Argentina super-hero toys were something we have to feel jealous about... these marble shooter things are pretty lame, if you ask me!

Next time: It's Spidey and more Marvel stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.