Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cool Stuff!

spysmasher_poster
This edition of Cool Stuff starts out with a poster promoting the Spy Smasher serial! But there's lots of Star Trek stuff after the jump!

st-tmp_lcs
Next, here's some lobby cards for Star Trek: The Motion Picture!

st-tmp_poster
ST: TMP Poster!

st_8mm
I have no idea what is on this 8mm "Star Trek Lives!" film... probably something I've seen somewhere along the way, though!

st_activitybook1.JPG
Despite the coloring errors on the cover of this, I bet I would've loved this Star Trek punch-out activity book, based on the below pages:
st_activitybook2.JPG
st_activitybook3.JPG
st_activitybook4.JPG

st_ahi_mrrocksale
Courtesy of Plaid Stallions, here's AHI's knock-off action figure called "Mr. Rock" -- truly one of the rare AHI items!

st_ahi_phaserflashlight
AHI's Star Trek Phaser Flashlight -- I used to have this! I remember being disappointed that the actual firing nozzle was removed to accommodate the bulb, as well as the size of the thing (I recall it as being comparable to the AMT Exploration Set model kit).

st_ahipinball
AHI Star Trek Pinball Game!

st_coloring-activitybooks
A pair of Star Trek coloring and activity books! Obviously these were made around the time of the Motion Picture, given the bumpy-headed Klingon on the cover of one of them!

st_coloring_motionpicture
st_coloring_spaceark
st_coloring_unchartered
st_coloring_warinspace
TGiant coloring books from the same era... notice that some are Motion Picture continuity, while other books are Original Series!

st_commandpatchst_sciencepatchst_supportpatch
Ah, the Star Trek insignia iron-on patches, one of those perennial items of the Star Trek Conventions of my youth! I don't recall ever buying one of these, however, because at about the same time, there were actual uniform shirts (in kids' sizes) for sale at places like Penney's! There were some other insignia-based patches, too:
st_scienceroundpatch
st_sciencesquarepatch

st_dayofdove_still.JPG
Star Trek "Day of the Dove" still!

st_enterprisepatch1
st_enterprisepatch2
st_enterprisepatch3
Here's three more Star Trek iron-on patches!

st_gallieo7customset
st_gallieo7customset2
When I saw this custom-made Galileo 7 Playset scaled for the Mego Star Trek figures, I knew I had to save the photos to share! If only Mego had made this themselves...

st_interspacecommunicator
From 1974, here's one of those Star Trek toys that looked nothing like anything on Star Trek... the Inter-Space Communicator!

st_jacket.JPG
Man, when I was a kid, I would've loved this Star Trek jacket!

st_kirkpatch
Captain Kirk Patch!

st_klingonrocket
Klingon Battle Cruiser Flying Model Rocket Ship! I remember seeing this as well as the Enterprise one when I was in my brief model rocketry phase, but never bought either one of them! I did, however, make a custom Galileo 7 model rocket, where the shuttlecraft was mounted to the top of a standard tube rocket. The idea was that at the apogee of the flight, the shuttle would come off and possibly glide down (I don't recall whether or not I put a chute on it). I seem to recall the advisor of the model rocketry club not allowing me to set it off, though. I do believe that my custom rocket was cooler than this other one, though:
st_rocketmodel

st_litepistol_argentina
What's this lite pistol from Argentina doing here? Look at the sticker... plain as day, it says "Star Trek"!

st_livelongpatchst_mccoypatchst_spockpatch
Spock and McCoy patches!

st_penaposterset
I seem to recall having this Star Trek Pen-A-Poster Kit... but I could be misremembering!

st_pocketflixcassette
Star Trek Pocket Flix cassette! From which series (original or animated) or which episode, I have no idea!

st_popup1
st_popup2
st_popup3
Star Trek Pop-Up Book!

st_puzzle.JPG
One of a set of Star Trek puzzles clearly modeled on the Filmation animated series! Two more below:
st_puzzles.JPG

st_puzzle1st_puzzle2
st_puzzle3
I don't ever recall seeing these wonderful Star Trek puzzles any time until I came across them on eBay (couldn't afford even the starting bid on them, though).

st_sleepingbag
Star Trek sleeping bag!

st_slidepuzzle
Slide puzzle, that the seller obviously couldn't solve for the photo...

st_thermos
Star Trek Thermos!

st_tracergun.JPG
Star Trek Tracer Gun!

st_uhurapatch
And finally, a Lt. Uhura patch!

Next time: Star Wars stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.