Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Comic Book Advertisements!

thirteen28_36
This week's first ad comes from Thirteen "Going on Eighteen" #28 (geez, that's how many weeks in a row that I've pulled ads from this title? You'd think I was simply going through my files of stuff that'll eventually be showing up at the Comic Reading Library some day, eh?). Now, I've heard a lot of things about the Famous Artists School over the years... there are at least a few comic book artists, when interviewed, said they got trained there. On the other hand, I actually know someone -- someone who's an amazing artist -- who did their art test, and got a response back that they wouldn't be an acceptable student (he's told me he figures they want students who need to learn, not ones who are already accomplished artists). You decide which is the case!

thirteen26_02
From issue #26 of the same book, here's one of Charles Atlas' rivals in the home bodybuilding course! I'm sure that the preteen girls who were reading Thirteen... were just chomping at the bit to respond to this ad, eh? (Okay, okay, this is beating the heck out of a dead horse, isn't it?)

thirteen26_35
Avert your eyes! Yeah, this definitely is more like the readers of this title are interested in...

thirteen07_35
Last ad for the week is from issue #7, and it's the bottom half of hte page... now, I don't know about you guys, but when I was a kid, having this giant misshapen Mickey Mouse toy in my bedroom would've given me nightmares for sure! I don't even want to know what the othe charcters looked like, do you?

We'll get away from Thirteen "Going on Eighteen" with next week's batch of ads, never to return again... but don't count on the Daisy ads disappearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.