Friday, December 23, 2011

Toy of the Week: AHI Flying Starship Enterprise!

ahist_enterpriselauncher.JPG
Is it bizarre? Yes! Does it completely morph where things are on the Enterprise in order to create a flying toy? Absolutely! But you know what, it's a clever idea, if you ask me! Considering how many flying toys AHI made with its licenses that just didn't fit them, this one is toy gold! As mentioned last week, this card design appears to be from near the end of AHI's reign of the toy racks, and it's a pretty cool card design! And sure, purists would argue about moving the saucer section to the middle in order to make it a flying toy that could actually fly and not simply crash right away... but I'd kind of rather have that than no flying Enterprise at all. I'm a bit more annoyed by the words "Star Trek" printed on the sides of the main section, to be honest!

Now, there was a flying Enterprise toy that was kind of/sort of similar to this one, where the saucer wasn't moved... but you'll just have to wait for that one to come up! In the meantime, if you're salivating over this toy as much as I have done in the past, hie thee to eBay, and you'll be amazed at what these go for -- when they even show up! In fact, at the time I'm writing this, the only AHI Star Trek item I could find was the squirt gun I showed you last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.