Sunday, April 01, 2012

Let's See, Where Was I???

Oh, that's right... I was taking a break from Random Acts of Geekery while I figured how to make it work for me again. Hopefully, what I've done will keep things fresh here and let me keep going for at least another seven years!

So, what have I done, exactly? Well, there's no more weekly features. Most of the features you've come to know and love are still around, but they're not going to be weekly. There are also new features appearing that I've been wanting to do for some time!

What I ended up doing was this: Some features are on a 10-day cycle, meaning they'll appear every 10 days. Other features are on a 12-day cycle. Further more, some of the features on a cycle will actually be rotating with other features, so they won't appear all that often. For example, I'm starting two new series in which I'm pretty much live-blogging as I watch a specific TV show -- these will alternate with each other on a 12-day cycle (or you can think of them as being on 24-day cycles, if that helps). It should keep things interesting, because then you won't really know for sure what'll be here when you send your browser this way!

Please let me know in the comments what you think about the new features as they come up! Bear in mind that the new features are works in progress, so there may be changes to how I do them as I go along!

Oh, and make sure you tell all your fellow online geeks that Random Acts of Geekery has returned, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.