Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Toy Spotlight: Aurora Prehistoric Scenes Models!

Man, I have to tell you, these were some of my favorite Aurora kits ever -- yes, maybe even more than the monsters or super-heroes, if you can believe that! Why? Well, as a kid, I was really into dinosaurs and other prehistoric life. Not like kids are these days, who get all their dino information from TV shows like "Dinosaur Train" or "Dino Dan," all of my knowledge came from reading every book on dinosaurs I could find at my local library in Tacoma, WA (as well as from the library in Sturgis, SD during summers my family visited my grandmother there) or from going to the museum in Rapid City, SD (my birthplace, y'know) and seeing the dinosaur skeletons there.

Of course, some of you may recall a "Portrait of a Geek" post or two that showed my interest in cavemen and sabertooth tigers, so does any of this come as a surprise?

Anyway, without further ado, here's some Aurora Prehistoric Scenes! These were designed so that the bases would fit against each other to form a fantastic scene, but I never had that many of these!

aurora_prehis_cavebear
Cave Bear!

aurora_prehis_cromagwom
Cro-Magnon Woman!

aurora_prehis_sbretooth
Saber Tooth Tiger! I had this one!

aurora_prehisgiantbird
Giant Bird!

aurora_prehissailback
Sailback Dinosaur, aka Dimetrodon!

aurora_prehistoricpteranodon
Pteranodon, in a later re-release. I had either this, or the pterodactyl.

The line also had Cro-Magnon Man, Neanderthal Man, and a gigantic Tyrannosaurus Rex that stayed in production for some time. There were others, too... I think there was a Mastodon. I really need to start searching for more photos of this model line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.