Friday, April 20, 2012

Toy Spotlight: Aurora Superheroes Models, Part 1!

Yep, this'll have to be in two parts, I think!
auroradc_batman_auroramodelbuilt
aurorabat_batmankitbuilt
aurorabat_batmanmodel64
First up, we have the Batman model kit, with two built examples! I must say, I definitely prefer the second one to the first -- those eyes on the first one are creeeepy! Also note that the model only bears a vague resemblance to the art on the box!

aurorabat_batmobile
auroradc_batman_batmobileaurorakit.JPG
Next, it's the Batmobile, naturally! I think I had a reissue of this kit some years ago...

auroradc_batman_aurorabatcycle.JPG
Yes, there was a Batcycle kit, that to the best of my knowledge was never re-released!

auroradc_batman_comicscenes
Batman and Robin Comic Scenes versions! These came with a comic book as part of the instructions that you could use as a backdrop. Oddly, it's pretty much the same model kits as previously released, despite the difference in the box art!

auroradc_robin
You can actually see from the original Robin release here that it was the same kit, with slight retooling.

aurorabat_penguinmodel
The Penguin kit was never reissued either, so far as I'm aware - unless Polar Lights has done so!

auroradcsuperman_superpowmodel
auroradc_superman_auroramodel.JPG
This Superman reissue from MPC was the third release for this kit -- it had been part of the original series, as well as the Comic Scenes line, and has also been reissued since this (maybe by Revell?) and I think even Polar Lights has done one!

auroradc_wwdcsh_ww_aurorakitbuilt
I honestly have no idea why it was decided to have the Wonder Woman kit designed so she was fighting an octopus!

auroradc_superboy
auroradcsuperman_superboyaurora74.jpg
auroradcsuperman_superboymodel
And here's the Superboy kit, the only one of these, really, that I would like to acquire these days -- and yes, it's just because Krypto is there!

Next time: The Marvels and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.