Wednesday, May 02, 2012

It's... CONTEST TIME!

Okay, since the last time I moaned and groaned about how my numbers here weren't so hot since coming back from hiatus, my hits have started to go up, slowly but surely.

But I can't wait for them to slowly get back to where they were, I want them there and beyond!

So it's time for a contest! And here's how it's going to work:

1) This contest is open only to US readers of the Random Acts of Geekery (sorry, non-US readers... you know I love ya, but you'll see why this is the case soon enough). Employees of Random Acts of Geekery or family members thereof are not eligible (which, of course, means that neither I nor my family members can win this).

2) In order to enter, you need to post somewhere on the internet a promotion for Random Acts of Geekery that includes a link back to this blog (i.e. http://randomactsofgeekery.blogspot.com). You will get one entry for having this blog on a linklist, and two entries if you actually write about the blog somewhere. This can be on your own blog, or it could be somewhere else. I'm not looking for anyone to start posting spam anywhere -- so don't go to other people's blogs and post in comments stuff like, "Hey, the world's greatest geek blog is over at Random Acts of Geekery," because that kind of stuff gets deleted. On the other hand, if someone's posted a blog entry about, say, the Crestwood House Movie Monsters books, and you post a response that I've been posting scans of these over here, that's perfectly fine. I just don't want other bloggers annoyed because of this, okay?

3) Sent me an email at waffyjon at comcast dot net with the URL of where you've posted this promotion, and let me know where it is so I don't spend too much time looking. I will keep tabs on how many entries each person submits.

4) Obviously, you can enter as many times as you'd like!

5) The contest ends on May 31, 2012 at midnight. I will announce the winner during the next day or two after that, after first contacting the winner via email for their mailing address.

6) The prize pack for this contest is as pictured below: Volume 1 and 2 of classic Fleischer Superman cartoons, with eight episodes on each one (purchased a while back at a dollar store, but still unopened); One Plastic Man action figure, which I believe was a McDonald's Happy Meal toy from a Batman: The Brave and the Bold set; A Beowulf promotional pin that was given out a few years ago, at least 2006 or 2007, promoting that movie; a Playmates Toys Klingon action figure, that was some kind of bagged promotional item (no, I don't know which Klingon it is, sorry... if it helps, it's probably a Next Generation character); a set of four Spider-Man pencils; a Spider-Man action figure from a Happy Meal toy of some kind with suction cups on his hands; and a classic Batman promotional pin that's probably at least 10 years old (not pictured below). If, by the time this contest concludes, I get hits of 1000 or more per day for, say, five days in a row, I will add to this with some comics from my own personal collection! And if I come across other stuff around here over this month, I'll throw that in, too!

photo

So those are the rules and the prizes, now get to work on it, okay? And thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.