Sunday, May 06, 2012

Kirby Kovers!

23360
Our first Kirby Kover this time around is the cover for The Invaders #12, which I believe was one of the first issues of The Invaders that I ever bought! It's pure Kirby goodness all the way, with the Invaders plus Spitfire going after some Nazis... I love it!

190083
Next, it's Justice Traps the Guilty #23! This one is a bit unusual for Kirby, don't you think? I mean, aside from the one mobster firing his machine gun, and the bombing in the back, it's pretty dull stuff!

challs04
Next, Challengers of the Unknown #4! I like it... the Challengers are well-placed, good posing... the wizard has some nice Kirbytech... and there's some of the triangle design elements I've noticed so much!

28998
Lastly, it's Strange Tales #76, and what I find most interesting about this cover is how Kirby drew Dragoom, and how much it reminds me of the earliest drawings Kirby did of the Human Torch in Fantastic Four!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.