Thursday, May 10, 2012

Toy Spotlight: Aurora Monsters of the Movies!

I'm pretty sure I've written about these before, so forgive me if I repeat myself. Aurora had, of course, been successful with their monster model kids in the 1960s and early 1970s, but model building started shifting a little in the early 70s... snap-together kits were becoming more and more popular, and Aurora responded by changing from their standard monster models to the Monsters of the Movies line, which also had smaller boxes! Well, actually, they kind of spearheaded the snap-together thing, I suspect, with the Monster Scenes before these!

auroramom_ghidrahghidrah_modelbuilt
Anyway, to start off, here's Ghidrah (as they call him on this box). Too bad they did him and Rodan (after the jump) but didn't do a new Godzilla kit in the same scale!

auroramom_rodan
As promised, here's the Rodan kit!

wolfman_modelbuilt
Wolfman!

aurora_mom_creature
Creature From the Black Lagoon!

aurora_mom_drac
aurora_mom_frank
Dracula and Frankenstein! I believe these were really re-issues of the Monster Scenes models.

aurora_mom_jekyllaurora_mom_hyde
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde!

dracula_monstofmovie_builtdracula_motm_revell
Here's a built Dracula kit, as well as a box from the much later Revell reissue!

aurora_rodanaurora_ghidora
Aurora also re-released the King Ghidorah and Rodan kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.