Friday, July 06, 2012

Comic Book Ads!

hbfunin05_02
First up in this display of comic book ads of yore is this ad that appeared on the inside front cover of Hanna-Barbera Fun-In #5, and it's a mail in offer for an inflatable Fred Flintstone (very few of which probably survive to this day). You know what strikes me about this? The really weird look the girl is giving the inflatable Fred! Creepy, isn't it?

hbfunin05_34
And next, here's this ad for "The Critters." You know, if I lived somewhere that had these four things on the wall, you know what I'd need? Let's see, turn the page of the comic book...

hbfunin05_35
Ah, thank you, Daisy BB Guns! Just what I would need if someone had such obvious targets set up somewhere!

hbfunin05_36
And here's a Kenner SSP ad -- and I don't remember any of these specific designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.