Thursday, July 26, 2012

Comic Book Ads!

hbfunin09_14
From Hanna-Barbera Fun-In #9, here's a full-page ad for Kenner's SSP Racers, and I think that maybe my family got into these later than I remembered, because I definitely recall that we had the Black Widow!

hbfunin09_22
Aw, look at the cute little camera! Such outdated technology! Then again, earlier in this same book was a two-page ad for Columbia House Record club... And yes, I know these Instamatics were extremely popular in their day!

mightysamson2000002
Next, here's an ad from Mighty Samson #20... remember these groovy designs for Post Cereals?

mysecretmarriage08_02
And we're jumping way, way back for this one... yes, it's a full-page ad for Holy Pictures... and it was on the inside front cover of... wait for it (unless you can read it already... My Secret Marriage #8! Wow, someone did not know their target audience, did they?

mysecretmarriage08_35
This ad, from the inside back cover, was probably more successful, I'm guessing, even if it probably does not have the songs recorded by the original artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.