Saturday, September 29, 2012

Comic Book Ads!

This time around, the ads are from Dell's Thirteen... Going on Eighteen #26! thirteen26_02 And I'm sure the readers of this book about a young teenage girl are all so concerned about building up their muscles, right? Mocking aside, I've always been amazed at how many muscle-building ads there have been in comics over the years -- and yet these days, when we (and yes, I include myself in this group) as comic book readers probably could use the benefits that they offer most, they're not advertising in the comics any more! thirteen26_35 I'm not sure why any one would want these posters hanging up on their walls... those are some pathetic puppies, and wouldn't they inspire some nightmares? thirteen26_36 OK, I've been skipping over this ad over the past few issues I've glanced through, but it's so ubiquitous, one can't avoid it! thirteen27_02 Next, from Thirteen #27, is this ad, and these posters are something I can see a young girl wanting on her walls -- no nightmare fuel here! thirteen27_36 And just to round out this installment, here's a Daisy BB Gun ad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.