Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kirby Kovers!

22707
First up this time around, it's Gunsmoke Western #67, and it's one of those four-panel covers Kirby didn't do too often (although it seems he did more multi-panel covers for westerns, didn't he?). I love how this is pretty much a story in itself!

champ23
Next, we have Champ Comics #23... kind of a generic cover for that era, isn't it? I'm not sure who the kids driving the tank are supposed to be, because I can't read that print.

cap211
Ah, Captain America #211... part of the 1970s Cap comics that Kirby did that went extremely odd, even for Kirby's 70s output! Honestly, as big a Kirby and Cap fan as I am, I'm not really sure this was a good idea at all. Still, it did bring Arnim Zola to the Marvel Universe, and he was in the Captain America movie!

blackmagic20
Ah, Black Magic #20, and it's another great example of how Jack could set the mood... great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.