Monday, October 29, 2012

Comic Book Ads!

alarmingadventures03_33 Time for another bunch of comics ads! Above is an ad page from Alarming Adventures #3, and as you can see, both ads are for similar products... those infamous flat soldiers, knights, and so forth. It's amazing to me that these guys got away with this for so long! alarmingadventures03_35 Here's an ad for a Schwinn bike, and I note that this one is about $20 cheaper than the last Schwinn ad I ran here! alarmingtales01_02 Next, from Alarming Tales #1, here's an interesting ad that really sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? I mean, 631 pictures for a quarter???? These have to be tiny, tiny pictures! alarmingtales01_04 One of these days, I almost think I'm going to do a massive post of all the various ads for stamp collecting from the comics that I've got in my files, just to show how many different ads there were trying to sell you crap stamps to get you into their hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.