Monday, October 22, 2012

Countdown to Halloween: My Toys: Creature Kids Meal Figure!

IMG_0414
I really need to start cropping these photos before uploading them to Flickr! Anyway, here's another lucky find of mine -- the Creature From the Black Lagoon Burger King Kid's Meal action figure! They definitely don't make kids meal toys like this any more... it's hard to see in the photo, but it's beautifully detailed, a very good likeness!

The articulation on this is only on the shoulders and at the hips, but that's okay in my book! There are two things that are kind of odd about this, though... first, the plastic is kind of semi-opaque, so if you hold it up in front of a light source, you can sort of see through it! The other thing is that you can press his tummy, like it's a button (and can you believe I just now noticed this?). I'm guessing that if you dunk it in water and press that button, you can cause it to suck in some water, and then take it out and press it again, and it'll squirt a small amount of water out of his mouth (not that I'm going to try that out).

Of course, I really need to get the others in this line... which would be Frankenstein, the Wolf Man, and Dracula. This one I got for the bargain price of $1.00, which is less than half of what I see it being offered for at eBay at this time for loose ones... and of course, I didn't have to pay for shipping!

Oh, where did I get this? Found it at the last Portland Comic Book Show... we'll see if I can score others of them next month at this year's event (of course, I may well have found them at Emerald City Comic Con 2012, which as of the time I'm writing this is still a few days away).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.