Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Countdown to Halloween: My Toys: Frankenstein Air Freshener!

IMG_0411
Yes, that's right, he's an air freshener, but I'm including him in My Toys anyway! My blog, my rules!

Remember last time I mentioned being lucky sometimes? This was another case... summer of 2011, my wife and the kids and I were in Tacoma hitting some garage sales before getting together with my mom. Now, at the time, we had four kids -- our two adopted kids, Tristan and Desi, and two foster kids (who were almost one and two at the time, and as of this writing, I don't know where they'll be by the time you read this). Now, going to garage sales with kids that are three and under is a challenge, especially when they fall asleep in their car seats. You can't just leave them in the car and go browsing, and you don't want to wake them up when they're napping!

So we usually compromise, and at alternate stops, either Jessi or I will wait in the van while the other goes to look with Tristan and Desi. This particular sale, it was my turn to wait with the little ones, and after a few minutes of browsing, Jessi comes back with this large Zip-Loc bag to show me and says, "Do you want these?" Inside, there was a witch candle, a witch air freshener.. and this guy! I could care less about the witches, but I definitely wanted Frankie, having seen this on eBay many times (so I knew exactly what it was). The seller only wanted a buck for all three items, so it was a no-brainer!

How big a no-brainer? Well, as I'm writing this, there's one on eBay in the exact same condition with a buy it now price of $21.50! And no, I don't think I'd be willing to sell mine for that price, either! It's the oldest Frankenstein item I have in my collection, and in my collection it stays (although I'd imagine once I've passed away, it'll be part of many things my wife and kids will be auctioning off).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.