Saturday, October 20, 2012

Countdown to Halloween: Who's Haunting the White House?

Just in time for Halloween, Sterling Children's Books has released Who's Haunting the White House?, written by Jeff Belanger and illustrated by Rick Powell. I received a copy of this book for review the day before I hit the road, and I didn't get a chance to read it until yesterday... And I wish I'd read it before I left, so my son Tristan would've had a chance to read it himself before Halloween this year! Many of you readers probably already know that there've been stories about the ghost of Abraham Lincoln being seen in the White House, but he's not been the only apparition sighted there! This book is a nice combination of historical fact (for context) combined with the reports of ghost sightings from the earliest days of the White House to the present. Certainly, author Belanger writes from the perspective that ghosts exist, but whether you do believe in them or not, I found the book to be a fun read, and one I'd be happy to recommend for any child from about age 9 or older, depending on their reading level. Heck, I'd even recommend it for adults who are curious about the ghost sightings there, period! It's a bargain at the cover price of $9.99, and you should be able to find it at your local bookstore, or you can order it from the handy link below, and a few cents will find its way to my wallet eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.