Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Comic Book Ads!

alarmingtales04_34 This time, I'm starting with ads from Alarming Tales #4! I'll just skip past the bottom ad on this page, and just point it out for the benefit of anyone who's keeping count of the different body building ads, okay? Let's instead focus on the Mobile Tank on top, okay? Now, I'm sure you've all heard about the Polaris Submarine thing that turned out to be cardboard... anyone want to make a bet this is the same kind of deal? I'm pretty much convinced it's the case, given that a lot of the text has the same feel as the Polaris Sub ad! alarmingtales04_35 Next, from the same issue, it's Joe Weider's turn to promote his bodybuilding stuff! Last I heard, he was still selling a whole line of products! alarmingtales05_02 Wow, three body-building ads in one installment? You better believe it, although this does come from Alarming Tales #5. This is the Juwett Institute of Physical Training, in case you're keeping a list! alarmingtales05_18 alarmingtales05_19 I've decided to show the whole spread here, and rather than look at any one specific ad, I want to challenge you guys to look over the ads above, and see how many of them have also been done as full page ads, at least that I've presented here. There's at least two that I could immediately identify! alarmingtales05_20 And, since it's been a while since I ran a Harvey house ad, here's one with some very cool comics advertised on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.