Saturday, November 03, 2012

My Toys: 10" Batman and Green Lantern (Justice League Animated)!

IMG_0410
So, have you ever started collecting some toys because you found a few cheap, and afterwards, you can never find them that cheap again and as such, never add any more to that collection?

That's the situation with these beautiful action figures. I think I found Green Lantern first, at a garage sale, for a buck... and unless I'm mistaken, that same weekend, I found Batman at a Goodwill and paid a buck for him, too!

I knew it was a good deal, although I didn't know how good -- I haven't been able to get any of the other Leaguers in this scale because I can't find it in my heart (or wallet) to spend the kind of money people are asking for these! Oh, I looked at Emerald City, and only saw one figure in this series (aside from Batman, that is) at the entire show, and they were asking $30 for that one!

And it's a shame, because I love these figures! Just to give you an idea of how good a deal these were -- as I write this, someone's asking $25 for a Batman (unless I say otherwise, figure these are all in the packages), $19.50 for Aquaman, $35 for Flash, $40 for Wonder Woman, $40 for Hawkgirl, $9.95 for a loose GL, $45 for Martian Manhunter... and no Superman figures. On the other hand, the prices actually paid for these seem to be $15 to $20 each, although someone paid $45.00 for a ten-figure lot that I would've absolutely jumped at). Now, I certainly don't need these mint in package -- I got my first two loose, I might as well stay with that! But for figures that are only nine years old, they're darn hard to find! Heck, 30-year-old GI Joes are more plentiful than that!

Anyway, while I'm writing this, here's my plea: If any of you have other figures in this line that you'd be willing to part with cheap, feel free to post it in the comments, okay?

3 comments:

  1. Would love if you would add me to your blogroll....But no, I do not have any of these. BUT if I do happen to find one in Mexico here I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're added! Still haven't added any more of these but I'm hoping!

      Delete
  2. i have The Atom & Green Arroow. i think i will buy Martian ManHunter which i saw at the mall before its too late :D
    im from Cebu Philippines by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.