Monday, January 07, 2013

Comic Book Ads!

alltruecrime36_02 First up in this installment of Comic Book Ads is this Johnson Smith ad that appeared in All True Crime #36... look at all the weapons they've advertised in this! I count two rifles, four pistols, a cannon, a throwing knife, and a fencing set! Holy crap! At least there's the midget racer plans to offset all the destructiveness... looks to me like the only items here that continued to be offered in my day was the midget camera! alltruecrime36_11 Here's an ad from the same issue... now, I don't know about any of you, but I've never been interested in any watch offered through comics that didn't feature a superhero on it! alltruecrime36_21 Here's another of those muscle building courses offered through comics... has anyone ever put together a website just featuring all of these? alltruecrime36_48 alltruecrime36_49 alltruecrime36_50 alltruecrime36_51 Hey, Kids! Cut up your comics so that you can talk your friends and family into subscribing to a magazine so you can win amazing crappy prizes! alltruecrime36_52 I had to include this last ad from the same issue... who looks happiest, the fat guy in the blue suit, or the woman looking at the scale who's probably at a healthier weight? I think the fat guy looks pretty happy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.