Friday, May 03, 2013

Cover Redux!

074 First up this time is Tales of Suspense #84, followed by the reprinted version used for Marvel Double Feature #8! Now, at first glance, it almost looks like this was redrawn for the reprint, but I think this is a illusion due to the different coloring. Certainly, the image is smaller on the reprint, and I suspect that most of the impact lines around Cap and the Adaptoid are new for the reprint. Also note that the Adaptoid's wings have been redone -- one is actually missing entirely! 068 Next, Amazing Spider-Man #48, and the all-new cover done by Gil Kane for Marvel Tales #34, which leaves no doubt that this was the second (temporary) Vulture! As much as I like Kane's work, I do prefer the original, but I can see how it wouldn't work with that cover dress. 374 Next, it's Fantastic Four #82 and the reprint in Marvel's Greatest Comics #64... What first strikes me is that Ben has been entirely redrawn for the reprint... actually, I think the entire cover was redrawn, although Ben is the biggest difference between the two. I don't know why it was redone, since the overall design is the same! 336 Another complete redo is when The Incredible Hulk #123 was reprinted in Marvel Super-Heroes #75... at least it's a new design this time, although I think the original cover was much better myself! 425 Finally, Avengers #72 and the reprint in Marvel Super Action #33. Right off the bat, I see that the art was reduced, with some new art added on the left side, and a bit of change done at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.