Friday, May 17, 2013

Cover Redux!

503 First up this time is Amazing Spider-Man #142 and the reprint in Marvel Tales #119. This looks like it's been left pretty much as the original was, except for moving the blurb at the bottom to the right. 102 Next, Fantastic Four #49, and the reprint in Marvel's Greatest Comics #36. Obviously, a new Gil Kane cover for the reprint... the Kirby cover was better, if you ask me! I believe I've theorized before that this was done so that the new cover art was done to help hide the fact that it's a reprint (I know as a kid I didn't realize they were reprints). 487 Next, Incredible Hulk #150 and the reprint in Marvel Super-Heroes #99.. looks like the original art was enlarged slightly, since the trade dress was different by the reprint. 424 Next, Avengers #69, and the reprint in Marvel Super Action #30! Aside from changing the blurb around, and adding a foot to the Growing Man, looks like this was left alone to me! 397 Finally, Fantastic Four #107 and the reprint in Marvel's Greatest Comics, and it looks pretty much left alone, aside from moving blurbs around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.