Friday, September 13, 2013

Feedback Wanted!

As you long-time readers no doubt know, I tend to work ahead on Random Acts of Geekery, months in fact. So it won't probably come as no surprise that as you're reading this, I'm likely finished with the January 2014 posts, and am gearing up to work on February (I'm hoping to be through March before the end of September).

Let me give you an idea of what's coming up through the end of the year, as a preface: Next month, being October, it'll be time once again for the annual Countdown to Halloween, when many blogs along with this one devote themselves to a month of posts themed towards that particular holiday. This blog will be going seven days a week for that month, and many of the non-horror-related posts will be taking a month off for that.

November will be back to normal, with single posts Monday through Friday, with the occasional extra post such as a "This N That" (which I'll be getting to in the next few days, since I have other news to catch you guys up on).

December will start the Christmas Comics Countdown, so from December 1 through 25, there'll be Christmas Comics (or otherwise winter-themed comics) posted every single one of those days. But unlike the Countdown to Halloween, all the regular features will continue to appear! Yes, it'll be closer to the glory days of this blog, when some of you may have thought there was too much to check out here!

That leads into the relaunching of two posts a day, seven days a week here at Random Acts of Geekery! Due to recent events (as I'll get to with the aforementioned "This N That" post), I'm able to get this blog back to where it was before things went a bit crazy in my life. Some features that have disappeared will be returning, such as "Geek TV" and "Retro-Reviews" (the latter being done a bit differently), and there will be some new features appearing, as well.

So, having said all that, and knowing that I'll be done with the January posts, I'd like to ask you readers for some feedback! After all, while I am really doing this because it's fun for me, I also like to make sure my readers are enjoying it, as well!

Here's what I'd like from you: Please take a few minutes to either leave a comment to this post, or email me at waffyjon at comcast dot net, and let me know what your favorite features are that are currently running... you can name one, two, three, or more. Let me know if there are any features that you really don't care for. Let me know what features of the past you'd like to see me bring back from the dead (they're not dead, just resting, right?). And if you have any ideas for features you'd like to see here, I'd like to hear your ideas there, too!

I will absolutely read each and every comment or email I get on this, and take them all into consideration. I can't promise that every bit of feedback will cause me to take instant action, but if there's a lot of you saying that there's one feature you really don't like, I'll probably drop it... likewise, if a lot of you clamor for the return of something I haven't featured here in a while, I'll do my best to bring it back!

Thanks in advance, my friends!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I was organized enough to be planned out that far in advance!

    I always enjoy the sci-fi and comic book stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cover Reduxe! is always a great feature, so is the House of Hammer & Amazing World of D.C. Comics gallerys (haven't seen recent Famous Monster's of Filmland gallery's lately though). Thoroughly enjoyable blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops no picture

      Delete
    2. There'll be lots of FM issues still to come, especially next month!

      Delete
  3. Wow!! You are organised!

    Favourite features??? .... hmmmm ... that's actually quite difficult. If you do put up anything form the 60s and 70s, that would be really interesting ...

    Generally, I'm a pretty happy reader - if it catches my eye, it'll pull me in.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.