Thursday, January 30, 2014

Comics They Never Made!

Time for some all-new, world-premiere Comics They Never Made! With one exception (that I'll be getting to in a couple of these posts), from this point on, all Comics They Never Made installments will feature never-before-seen (except for those people who check out my Flickr account, anyway) mocked-up comics covers, as part of a new series. For those who haven't been with Random Acts of Geekery from the beginning, about the same time I started this blog, I was also doing a weekly column called "Cover Stories," which featured thematically similar covers each week, along with a monthly installment of Comics They Never Made, from which I've been drawing the covers for this feature. But since those have run out, I needed to start working up a new batch!

I was somewhat handicapped for this new set of covers, as all the previous covers were done with PhotoShop, which I currently (at least as of the time I'm writing this) don't have access to. Fortunately, I was able to find a different graphics program (for free! Gotta love freeware) that has nearly all the functionality of PhotoShop, and as I've been learning the ins and outs of that program, each successive cover has taken less time to prepare.

So, click on the jump, and let's see what I have for you this time!

smtihandjones
First up, Alias Smith and Jones. This was a show I remembered watching as a kid, and enjoying it a lot. Unlike a lot of other western programs I was exposed to, this one had a great sense of humor to it, and lots of character.

alice
Alice might've been a difficult show to do in comics form, as there were the occasional adult themes and dialogue, but it was a funny program, with great characters.

andy
The Andy Griffith Show is a television classic, and I was amazed that I couldn't find that it had been done as a comic book before! One would think it would've been a natural.

ark ii
Finally, we have Ark II. I always wished that the various Filmation programs had been done in comics form, because with rare exceptions (like Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, which was done in comics), I felt like there weren't enough episodes to watch! I always wanted more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.