Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Comic Book Ads: Marketing the Marvels, Continued!

marketing
Continuing with my look at Fawcett Comics house ads marketing the Marvel Family, we start with a few ads that listed members of the Captain Marvel Club, which also included messages in the secret code!
marketing

marketing
Next, here's an ad for a Captain Marvel Sweatshirt -- one that I'd be happy to wear today if it was in my size!

marketing
marketing
marketing
marketing
marketing
marketing
Here's a few more ads for the Captain Marvel Club, trying to entice the kids to join!

marketing
Finally, here's an ad that really isn't selling anything, except perhaps more copies of the same issue, with the idea that kids could cut out the card and glue it onto a post card to use as a birthday card! I wonder how many comics were ruined by doing this?

More Marketing the Marvels ads next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.