Wednesday, March 05, 2014

This 'n That Time!

ITEM! I am still doing the eBay thing, selling a variety of items... vintage children's books, book and record sets, Star Wars items, coloring books, my Give-A-Show Projector collection, View-Master reels, and more! Be sure to check out my current listings by clicking here -- and as before, if you bid and win on one or more of my auctions, include the message "Random Acts of Geekery" or simply "RAOG" with your PayPal payment, and I'll rebate you 10% of your winning bid!

ITEM! Work is going fine at the Wal-Mart, especially now that I'm starting to get more hours. The only thing that really doesn't work about the job is that I'm always working on the weekends, making my time with my family limited. Still keeping my eyes open for other opportunities, though, especially ones that pay better!

ITEM! Because of doing the eBay thing, I've not been working as far ahead on this blog as I had been... but I'm taking a break from adding new listings for a week so I can get some more done for May's posts, since that month will get here sooner than it seems! I'm still hoping to some time get about six months ahead, so I can take a break without going to a hiatus (I hate doing hiatuses). By this time, you've started seeing some of the new features, and there'll be more to come in the coming months, too. Please let me know what you think!

ITEM! After having caught up with Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, I next caught up on Avengers Assemble. That's not a bad cartoon version of the Avengers, but I find myself wondering why they felt they needed to cancel Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes to do this new show, which isn't all that much different (the biggest difference is that this new show features Avengers from the movies, whereas A:EMH had Ant-Man/Giant-Man, the Wasp, and the Black Panther among its roster -- Black Widow and Falcon are in on the current show). There's also been a lack of guest-stars from other Marvel comics so far. I'll stick with this one, just because it's been good. I've also started working on catching up with Arrow, the WB show loosely based on Green Arrow. The first season was all right, but I'm really enjoying the second season much more, given the greater influx of other DC characters (pretty much the first season just had Deadshot, Deathstroke, and Count Vertigo - albeit in altered forms). I do find myself wishing they'd just wrap up the adventures Oliver had on the island, but I'm guessing that we'll continue to get these flashbacks through the entire series -- kind of like the old Kung Fu show with Caine's background. I've been half wondering if anyone's been compiling the island segments together to show in order, without the present-day stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.