Friday, July 04, 2014

Comics They Never Made!

Got a real mixed bag of mocked-up covers for licensed comics we never saw in our reality!

greenacres
First off, it's a Green Acres mock-up. This one was a surprise for me when I was researching popular TV shows that never had a comic adaptation, because I would've figured it would've been a natural! Been a long time since I've seen an episode of the show, but I figured that Arnold Ziffel, the pig, would've been a prime candidate for wacky stories.

goodtimes
I never was a fan of Good Times, but I did remember some minor details about it, such as Jimmy Walker's character being the most popular on the show, especially with his "Dy-No-Mite!" catchphrase (they were big on catchphrases back then), so that had to be featured on the cover!

herecomesthegrump
Here Comes the Grump was a Saturday morning cartoon that I'm pretty sure I never saw, although from my research it appears the show still has a fairly big following... no shortage of images to be found there!

hereslucy
Lucy's first show, I Love Lucy, was done in comics form, but none of her later shows. When I was saving images to make up this cover, I discovered that Here's Lucy was not the Lucy show I was thinking it was, where Lucy played Lucile Charmichael... that one was The Lucy Show! It gets confusing, doesn't it? Odds are, I probably saw this Lucy show more often than I saw The Lucy Show (if that's not too confusing).

herecomethedoubledeckers
Here's a show that I thought lasted a lot longer than it actually did... Here Come the Double-Deckers was a British show that was apparently shown on American television in syndication, which is where my siblings and I saw it. I can still hear the theme song in my head, decades after I would've seen it last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.