Saturday, August 16, 2014

Monster Stuff!

Let's see what horrific goodies I have to show you this time. As always, unless I happen to note otherwise, these are not items I own or have to sell... if you want to add one of these items to your collection, I suggest looking on eBay!
bat_lc1
The Bat lobby card! More after the jump!
battlebeyondthesun_still
Battle Beyond the Sun still!

beastfrom20000_still1
The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms still!

beastofyellownight-creaturewithbluehand_pb1
beastofyellownight-creaturewithbluehand_pb2
beastofyellownight-creaturewithbluehand_pb3
The Beast of the Yellow Night/Creature With The Blue Hand pressbook!

beastohauntedmt_stills
The Beast of Haunted Mountain stills!

birds_lcs
The Birds lobby cards!

blackcat_lc1
The Black Cat lobby card!

blackfriday_lc1
Black Friday lobby card!

blackpitofdrm_poster
Black Pit of Dr. M poster!

blacula_halfsheet
Blacula half-sheet poster!

blob-dinosaurus_poster
The Blob/Dinosaurus double-feature poster!

bloodbeast_poster
Blood Beast From Outer Space poster!

bloodfrommummynightofblood_pb1
bloodfrommummynightofblood_pb2
bloodfrommummynightofblood_pb3
Blood From the Mummy's Tomb/Night of the Blood Monster pressbook!

bloodofdrac_lc1
Blood of Dracula lobby card!

bloodofvampire_still1
bloodofvampire_still1
bloodofvampire_still3
Blood of the Vampire stills!

bodysnatcher_lc1
bodysnatcher_lc2
bodysnatcher_lc3
bodysnatcher_lc4
bodysnatcher_lc5
The Body Snatcher lobby cards above, still below!
bodysnatcher_still1

book_cinemaoffantastic
Cinema of the Fantastic is one of the few books on horror movies I have in my collection that hasn't gone up for sale on eBay!

book_classicsofhorrofilm2
book_classicsofhorrorfilm
Two different editions of Classics of the Horror Film, this was one of the books on horror movies I checked out multiple times from the library near where I grew up!

book_filmsofkarlofflugosi
These two books, The Films of Boris Karloff and The Films of Bela Lugosi, have eluded me... so far I've been able to check out the first one from the library some years back, but not the second one... and neither have been added to my book collection!

book_greatmonsters
Great Monsters of the Movies was a classic book on horror films, and another I checked out from the library many times as a kid!

book_Greatmonsters2
book_greatmonsters3
Here's a paperback edition of the same book.

book_greatmonstersfromthemoviesfrench
This French book translates to Great Monsters of the Movies, but I'm not sure if it's a French edition of the same book or not!

book_hitchcockmonstermuseum
Alfred Hitchock's Monster Museum appears to have been one of a number of books that Hitchcock had little to do with and were marketed to young readers.

book_horrorfilms
book_horrorfilms2
I have no idea if these two books, both titled Horror Films, are the same book with two different covers or not... I'd guess the first one focused more on modern horror movies, while the latter was on older ones, but that's purely a guess!

book_horrors
Horrors is one of those books on horror movies I've never read!

book_karloff
book_karloffmanmonstermovies
A couple of books on Boris Karloff, I believe I've read the latter one.

book_monstersfrommovies
I'm pretty sure my library had Monsters From the Movies when I was growing up, not so much on More Classics of the Horror Film as shown below:
book_moreclassicsofhorrorfilm


book_treasuryhorrormovies
Horror Movies, seen above, is another one I recall reading as a kid. Man, my library rocked when it came to books about monster movies!

book_treasuryofhorror
book_treasuryofhorror2
Christopher Lee's Treasury of Terror!

brain_pb1
brain_pb2
The Brain pressbook!

brainthatwouldnt-starcreatures_pk1
And we'll wrap things up this time around with this pressbook for The Brain That Wouldn't Die/The Star Creatures!

1 comment:

  1. Drake Douglas's "Horrors" was one of my favorite books in grade school, with very erudite discussions of the horror film classics, and chapters on not only Poe, but Arthur Machen and H.P. Lovecraft - the first time I read about him. Well worth reading.

    Mike C.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.