Wednesday, October 22, 2014

We're Off to Southern California!

This morning, it's time for my first real vacation in several years to begin, as my family (comprised of myself, wife Jessi, and kids Tristan and Desi) along with my brother Jeff's family (his wife Kristi and their kids, Steve and Kassidy -- who were our foster kids at one time) head to Sea-Tac Airport to board a jet to Los Angeles for a week-long vacation!

This has been in the works for some time, ever since Jeff and Kristi decided they were interested in adopting Steve and Kassidy back when they were our foster kids. This trip, after all, is our celebration of the adoption, although it happened over a year ago.

We'll be spending three days at Disneyland and California Adventure, as well as a day at Legoland, with another day planned for going to the beach.

I have one primary objective when we hit Disneyland -- the Haunted Mansion. We missed going to it our last trip, because my wife and kids didn't want to go to it the first day there, and the next day it was closed for the reworking it gets every year for the Nightmare Before Christmas celebration (which will be the mode it'll be in while we're there).

Of course, we'll hit all the other classic rides while we're there, although I want to make sure we get to all the new attractions that have been opened since our last trip four years ago. I'll make sure to write up a full report after we return.

In the meantime, postings will continue here as usual, because I've been working on this month's posts every chance I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.