Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Cool Stuff!

With Christmas fast approaching, I figure this is as good a time as any to point out anything in my "Cool Stuff" posts that I'd love to have in my collection... let's see if there's something in this post on my want list!
batman_batsignalironon
Bat-Signal Iron-On... neat, but not on my want list... more after the jump!

batman_bendybatman_bendy
Batman bendys! Both nice, but I'm not a big bendy collector myself...

batman_bigcoloring
This coloring book would be worth it to get just for that awesome painted cover!

batman_bootlegdecals
batman_bootlegmask
batman_bootlegstickers
Not a big fan of collecting bootleg items, either... although these are kind of fun to check out, just to see how close they tried to get without completely violating copyright.

batman_brazilcan1batman_brazilcan2
This can, as you might imagine, was made in Brazil, although I have no clue what was originally in it! Nice stock art, though.

batman_bubblebathmobile
This bubble bath container, so far, is about the only thing in this installment of "Cool Stuff" that I think would be neat to have in my collection, but that's really only because I like collecting '66 Batmobile toys (not that I have many of those).

batman_button
That is the weirdest expression on this Batman button! The one below is much better!
batman_buttonrunning
batman_callingbatmanbutton
batman_clubbutton

batman_candysticks
batman_candysticks_tattoo
Some of these items make me wonder how it was I never saw them in the stores when they were originally out...

batman_cardgame
Very cool art on this Batman card game! Looks like Infantino with Anderson inks... anyone have a better guess?

batman_cardgames
These playing card boxes look like someone did a half-decent job of tracing art provided by DC...

batman_cards1
batman_cards2
Not sure where these cards are from, but really? Robin is the only one who knows who Batman is? Are we forgetting Alfred, Superman, Jimmy Olsen, Ra's Al Ghul, Talia, the other Justice League members...?

batman_catwoman_mask
Not too many items were made using this Catwoman costume design, making this mask pretty rare!

batman_catwoman_transfer
Catwoman iron-on transfer! You know, seeing this costume makes me kind of wish they'd used it for Julie Newmar's costume in at least one episode of Batman...

batman_catwomanmagnet
Catwoman magnet!

batman_catwomanstatue
The seller of this item identified it as a "Catwoman statue," but clearly there are bats on it... yet it doesn't look like Batwoman or Bat-Girl's costumes, so I can only assume someone got confused, as it clearly has Bat-elements on a Catwoman costume!

batman_chalkboard
Batman chalkboard!

batman_colorbynumber
Batman color by number book!

batman_coloringforeign1
batman_coloringforeign2
batman_coloringforeign3
batman_coloringforeign4
Some foreign Batman coloring books... is that Metallo, the Man With The Kryptonite Heart he's facing off against on that first one?!?

batman_coloringpic
batman_coloringpicbonus
Coloring poster set! Put this squarely in the "stuff that really should get reissued" column!

batman_coloringpow
If the art style on this cover is any indication, it was part of a series of coloring books that shared some common pages... as if they came up with one 128-page coloring book, then decided they wanted multiple 64-page coloring books, and kind of distributed the pages between about six different books, so there's a lot of duplication! Here's other covers in that same series:
batman_coloringrobin
batman_coloringscree
batman_coloringzap
Eclipso does not appear in this coloring book!

batman_coloringvintage

batman_coloringpromo
I've never seen photos of the coloring books shown here!

batman_corgi
batman_corgi_batcopter
batman_corgi_penguin
batman_corgi_penguinbox
batman_corgibatmobile
batman_Corgibatmobile2
batman_corgibatmobilebatboat
batman_corgibatmobileboxed
batman_corgijr_batmobile
And we'll wrap this up with these Corgi Bat-vehicles... Man, I'd love to have those Batmobiles!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that Ron Riley's Batman Club button sure brings back memories. I was a member of the club. Sure wish I knew where the pin and the membership card went. Batman Lives! Pow!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.