Sunday, November 09, 2014

Well, It Seems I've Turned 52...

Fifty-two years old. That's how old I'll be when you read this (unless, of course, you're reading this in the archives long after the date this posted occurred, but I can't worry about that too much). As I tend to do this time of year, I think back on my life and where I've been and where I am, and what goals I've managed to reach by this age.

Work-wise, obviously I'm nowhere near what I'd hoped for by now. At the very least, I hoped that I'd be working somewhere that I felt like I was a vital part of the company, and valued both professionally and financially. I'd hoped that by this point I'd have a business of my own that was running successfully, whatever that business might have been (it could've been a comic shop, or a restaurant, or a book store, or even a publisher of comics, among other things). But as John Lennon wrote in "Beautiful Boy," "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."

I certainly can't complain about other aspects of my life... I've got a great family, a wife and two kids who love me, and whom I love in return. Despite the what seem to be all too many times there's a disagreement between us, we are a family.

This blog is really one of the things I do just for me... it usually helps me unwind and relax, especially when I've had to go several days before doing any posts (yes, I tend to do multiple days' worth of posts at once).

Honestly, I can't really complain too much... people are still surprised when I tell them how old I am (they usually guess at least 10 years younger), and I'm still capable of doing all the things I enjoy doing.

Of course, I'm always hopeful that next year's birthday will see some differences to make life easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.