Monday, December 01, 2014

Best of Cool Stuff Christmas Countdown, Day 1!


So I'm doing something different for this year's Christmas Countdown... rather than posting Christmas comics, I'm going back through the archives of my Cool Stuff photos and reposting those items that -- if I had the money to afford them and space to properly display them -- I'd love to have in my collection! Let's begin!

adventuresofcaptainmarvel
earthvsflyingsaucers
firstmenmoon
goldenvoyage
mightyherc.JPG
planetoftheapes
spiderman
thisislandearth
thunderbirds
Even though today we have so much available online or on DVD to watch, I still have fond memories of watching 8mm movies at my local library every Saturday during the summer months back when I was a child. If I had the money to do it, I'd get a projector and amass a collection of these movies, and I think I'd even start sponsoring some film festivals at my community's clubhouse to show them every few months! Heck, I'd probably invite some of my geek friends from outside the community to come, too!
ahi_actionapeman
Goofy as they were, I'd love to have a complete set of AHI's Action Apemen!

auroramarvel_comicscene_hulk.jpgauroramarvel_comicscenes_cap.JPGauroraother_comicscenes_spidey.jpg
auroratv_landofgiantsshipaurorabat_penguinmodel
aurora_prehis_cavebearauroratv_voyagermodel
auroradc_ww
auroradc_batman_aurorabatcycle.JPG
auroradc_batman_comicscenes
You can well believe there would be a LOT of classic Aurora model kits in my collection, although I think I'd have to find someone very good at building and painting them to do the assembly for me!

ahibatplanebatman_ahijapanbmobile
ahibatmobilebatman_ahisspbatmobile
ahibatman_batmobile_friction
ahibatmobile_batman_batmobilebattery
I would definitely want a complete set of all of AHI's various Batmobile toys, of which these are only a few!

batman_batmobile_battery
batman_batmobile_choppperm
batman_batmobile_coinop2
corgibatman_batmobile_corgicard
batman_batmobile_jlthunder
batman_batmobileclifford.JPG
batman_japanesebatmobile2.JPG
Here's some other Batmobiles I want!

duncanbatman_batmobile_duncan
This is one of the variations on the Batmobile Duncan made. I have one that's got more color to it than this one, but this would be a nice addition!

batman_batmobile_slotcar
For many Batmobile collectors, this one is the "Holy Grail" -- the Aurora slot car Batmobile! I used to have this when I was a kid, and have no idea what happened to it over the years.

energizedbatman_climbing
There's not too many non-Batmobile Batman items on my want list, but the Remco Energized Batman (as well as the other characters in that line) are items I'd love to have! Below is the Captain America one:
energizedmsh_cap_powershield

batman_shakespeare
I don't know what I'd use this for, but it would be cool to have...

coloringdcsh_colorandplay.JPG
Something about this Color And Play set just appeals to me!

dcsh_supermanstamps
I'd love to have all of the various Superhero Stamps they came out with!

mattelflashgordon_figuresfilm
This set of Flash Gordon figures from Mattel would certainly be welcomed, given their being based on the Filmation series.

laughin_ficklefinger
I'd love to have one of these, just because I don't think anyone I know would see it and know it for what it was!

marx_daredevilmarx_hulkmarx_ironmanmarx_spidey
marxmsh_marxcaptainamerica.JPG
I really need a set of the Marx Marvel Superheroes!

mmm_astrotrac
mmm_carded
mmm_commandconsole
mmm_commandconsole2
mmm_jefflong.jpg
mmm_reconjetpak
A complete set of the Major Matt Mason toys would be lovely to have!
mmm_supernautpowelimbs.JPG
mmm_talkingbox

gamemonkees_boardgame
gamemonkees_boardgame2
I don't know how good a game this Monkees board game is, but I'd love to have it!

puppetmonkees_handpuppet.jpg
Not great likenesses on this handpuppet, but I'd still like to own one!

More of the Best of Cool Stuff Christmas Countdown tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.