Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Monster Stuff!

monsterstuff

Let's see what kind of monster and horror memorabilia I have for you this time...

madmonsterparty_still1
madmonsterparty_still2
madmonsterparty_still4
madmonsterparty_still5
First up is this series of promotional stills from Mad Monster Party! Most of us remember this one fondly, but do you remember the cel-animated sequel that aired on ABC's Saturday Superstar Movie?

magneticmonster_insert
Next, an insert poster for The Magnetic Monster, a movie I'm sure I've never seen! Below is a still that does nothing to jog my memory:
magneticmonster_still1

manfromplanetx_lc1
manfromplanetx_lc2
manfromplanetx_lc5
manfromplanetx_lcs
Lobby cards for The Man From Planet X, which I have seen, although I was probably in junior high school at the latest when I saw this one. I recall it being pretty good!

manmademonster_lc
manmademonster_lc2
manmademonster_lc3
manmademonster_lc4
manmademonster_still1
Lobby cards and still for Man Made Monster, which I'm certain I've never seen. It does seem to be trying to evoke the Frankenstein series, doesn't it?

manwhoturnedtostone_poster
Poster for The Man Who Turned to Stone, another one I've never seen!

markofvampire_lc1
markofvampire_lc2
markofvampire_lc3
A group of lobby cards for Mark of the Vampire, MGM's foray into the vampire genre, complete with Lugosi!

mask_lcs
Lobby cards for The Mask. Never saw this one, either... from the lobby cards, I'd say it was either awesome or complete crap!

masqueofreddeath_pb1
masqueofreddeath_pb2
masqueofreddeath_pb3
masqueofreddeath_pb4
masqueofreddeath_pb5
masqueofreddeath_pb6
masqueofreddeath_pb7
Presskit for The Masque of the Red Death! It's interesting to me to note Jane Asher being referred to as "Beatle girlfriend" in the presskit, I know she dated Paul McCartney for quite a while (I think they started around the time of the filming of A Hard Day's Night, but of course broke up before Paul met and later married Linda Eastman), but I don't know if they were still dating when this movie actually came out! Also note the promotion mentions the Dell Movie Classics adaptation of the film!

masterofhorrorterror_poster1
Vintage newspaper ad for the double-feature Master of Terror and Master of Horror!

mightyjoeyoung_pb1
mightyjoeyoung_pb2
mightyjoeyoung_pb3
mightyjoeyoung_pb4
mightyjoeyoung_pb5
Pressbook for Mighty Joe Young!

missilemonsters_poster1
Based on the poster for Missile Monsters, it looks like Republic trotted out the uniform from The Purple Monster to use again!
missilemonsters_still1

modernmonsters
Cover for Modern Monsters, June 1966 issue. I don't believe I have scans of this mag in my files...

molepeople_lc1
molepeople_lc2
The Mole People lobby cards!

monolithmonsters_half
monolithmonsters_windowcard
The Monolith Monsters lobby card and window card!

monster_adclippings
Here's a nice spread of vintage newspaper ads someone clipped and saved... look at all the old horror and SF movies featured there... Captive Wild Woman, Isle of the Dead, Destination Moon, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and many more!

monster_bendys
Monster bendys! I think the Creature and Frankenstein were the best-executed, although some of the others would've benefitted from better paint. I recall having at least the Kong one when I was a kid.

monster_card5
Monster Valentine card!

monster_coloringbook2
monster_coloringbook3
monster_coloringbook4
monster_coloringbook5
monster_coloringbook6
monster_coloringbook7
monster_coloringbook8
monster_coloringbook9
monster_coloringbook10
Monster coloring book and sample pages!

monster_stickers
Monster puffy stickers! Obviously there wasn't a lot of room in the budget for the actual art, was there?

monster_stickers
monster_tokens
Apparently you could get monster frames, which may or may not have been designed for these stickers.

monsteralbum
monsteralbum_2
The Monster Album! I may have to do a search to see of this is available online somewhere...

monstercard1
monstercard10
monstercard2
monstercard3
monstercard4
monstercard6
monstercard7
monstercard8
monstercard9
And we'll wrap up this installment with the rest of the monster Valentine cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.