Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Cool Stuff!

coolstuff

After two days of comics-related posts... time for something a little different! How about Battlestar Galactica and Galactica 1980 items to begin with?
galactica80_still
Here's a publicity still from the short-lived sequel to BG, and a Space Flight Activity Book below!
galactica_activity
galactica_argentinapuzzle
Yes, it's another of those Argentina puzzle blocks items! I don't recall how many more of these I have in my files yet to post.

galactica_cyloncostume1
galactica_cyloncostume2
This Cylon costume had the potential to be cool as hell, even with the eyeholes on the mask... pity. You know, I don't recall seeing any Cylon cosplay in any convention photos, ever...

galactica_cylonraider
Cylon Raider from the short-lived Mattel toy line. Note that this was the modified version that couldn't shoot missiles!

galactica_cylontshirt
T-shirt with more of the Cylons!

galactica_pistoltoy
I remember being very disappointed with this toy when I saw it on the shelves... it looks nothing like the ray guns Apollo and Starbuck used, not even the same color! 

galactica_poster
galactica_poster1
galactica_poster2
galactica_poster3
galactica_poster4
galactica_poster5
galactica_poster6
Loads of Galactica posters! Some of them were very cool!

galactica_puzzle2
galactica_puzzles
Puzzles!

galactica_scarab
Here's another of those Galactica toys from Mattel that looked like nothing from the TV show!

galactica_viper
At least the Viper looked pretty cool!

Coming up, here's some board games of interest!

game_blondie
game_blondie2
Two different Blondie games from two different eras!

game_buck1
game_buck2
game_buck3
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century game!

game_bugs
This Bugs Bunny game clearly had Western's art department doing the artwork, eh?

game_charliechan
This Charlie Chan board game may be the oldest board game I have a picture of!

game_chittychittybangbang
I can't imagine what kind of game they could make from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...

game_fantasticvoyage
The main image on the box of this Fantastic Voyage board game (based on the Filmation animated series) looks like it must've been used somewhere else, but I can't place it.

game_fatalbert
This board from the Fat Albert board game looks very well-designed, and fit in with the milieu of the animated show!

game_favoritemartian
My Favorite Martian board game from Transogram! What the heck happened to that company, anyway? They had a lot of great toys, and then they seem to have vanished entirely.

game_felix
This Felix the Cat board game obviously owes a lot to the Trans-Lux TV cartoons!

game_flintstones
The Flintstones had a few board games, but this is one I've not posted a picture of before.

game_galactica1
game_galactica2
game_galactica3
Yep, it's a Battlestar Galactica board game!

game_hardyboys
Next, it's a Hardy Boys game, based on Filmation's animated series! I remember being a fan of that show when it was originally on the air, but these days I can't find it anywhere!

game_hitchcock
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Why board game -- why? Because they thought it would sell, that's why!

game_hobbit1
This picture is a bit too small for me to tell if the art on this is based on the Rankin-Bass TV animated production of The Hobbit or not. Oh, wait, I have a close-up of the board...
game_hobbit2
Ah, it does appear to be based on it after all! Well, that's a relief.

game_huckbumps
Here's another Transogram game, this one featuring Huckleberry Hound and his friends!

game_itsabouttime
Next, it's the board game of It's About Time, a very short-lived gimmick sitcom of the 60s!

game_krull1
I enjoyed the movie Krull, but I've never played the board game!
game_krull2
Too bad that only two of the game pieces are figural!

game_loneranger
I'm sure there were lots of Lone Ranger board games after this one!

game_lostinspace
Lost in Space board game!

game_majormatt1
OK, I have to admit it... of all the board games I've posted pics of here, this Major Matt Mason one is probably the one I'd most like to own!
game_majormatt2

More board games to come in the next installment of "Cool Stuff"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.