Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Foreign Comic Book Covers!

foreigncovers

Time for another gallery of foreign comic book covers! Let's see if I've got some cool ones this time around:

IMG_0334IMG_0335
While this issue of Titans is relatively new (reprinting an 80s issue of Dazzler, among other comics I'm sure), I do like the painted cover here. The issue next to it, it took me a few minutes to realize it was Star Wars! If it weren't for the lightsaber, I would've never figured it out!

IMG_0337IMG_0336
IMG_0338IMG_0339
Some of these covers are cooler than the US versions, aren't they? I especially like the painted Dazzler cover with Galactus!

IMG_0340IMG_0341
IMG_0342IMG_0343
What's interesting to me about some of these is how they're straight up painted versions of the original US covers... that Ditko Machine Man cover even has the original line art in part of it!

And no, I don't know who those mystery heroes are.

IMG_0346IMG_0348
IMG_0347IMG_0349
Given how many covers she got, Dazzler must've been popular in France!

IMG_0350IMG_0351
IMG_0352IMG_0353
As you can see The New Mutants was added to the lineup around this time! It must've replaced Dazzler, as the covers alternate between TNM and Star Wars for a few issues, then Star Wars completely took over until issue #86, when West Coast Avengers started, and the painted covers became rarer and rarer, until it was just reprinted US covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.