Monday, June 06, 2016

Cool Stuff Week, Day 1!

coolstuff
This week will feature Cool Stuff all week long! As always, these are photos I've saved from eBay listings of items I thought you dear readers would be interested in checking out, and not items I actually have for sale or own myself (unless I say otherwise). Let's see what today brings us!

game_mandrake1
game_mandrake2
game_mandrake3
Today's posts are at least starting out with some vintage board games, such as this Mandrake the Magician one above! I'm guessing the rules don't include the need to gesture hypnotically...

game_milton
Milton the Monster game! I only have vague memories of the show this is based on.

game_morkmindy
I definitely have memories of watching Mork and Mindy, although I don't recall seeing this board game at the time.
game_norkandmindy
I do remember seeing the card game pictured above, though!

game_phantom
Here's another King Features-based game from Transogram, featuring the Ghost Who Walks! Nice painted box art on that, isn't it?

game_raiders
Now, this game I definitely don't remember seeing at all, although it's possible my interest in board games had temporarily waned when this Raiders of the Lost Ark game was in the stores.
game_raiders
Here's a better shot of the game board!

game_rexmorgan
This is kind of an oddball one, isn't it? Now, I seem to recall seeing some of the Ideal "Sunday Funnies" games when they came out, but this one isn't in my memories at all. I mean, Rex Morgan, MD as the subject of a board game?

game_rr
This Road Runner game may have been made by Milton Bradley, but they were definitely following Whitman's style guide with the character, and not Warner Brothers!

game_sinbad
I love this Sinbad game, with all the Ray Harryhausen graphics on it!

game_space1999a
game_space1999b
game_space1999c
Space: 1999 board game!

game_spaceflight
I decided to save this photo of this old Space Flight game not only because of the SF theme to it, but also for the look at the older Ideal logo, very different from the one that comes to mind when I think of Ideal!

game_tomjerry1
game_tomjerry2
This Tom and Jerry board game definitely uses the Chuck Jones redesigns of the characters from his 1960s cartoons!

game_underdog
This Underdog game, made by Whitman, definitely follows the style of the Gold Key comics they were publishing at the time, which was varying from the original show's designs a bit.

game_wendy
On the other hand, this Wendy the Good Little Witch game from Milton Bradley very nicely follows the Harvey style!

game_whichwitch
I never had a copy of Which Witch? when I was a kid, but it looks pretty cool!

games_foreignheroes1
games_foreignheroes2
games_foreignheroes3
games_foreignheroes4
games_foreignheroes5
Here's the last board game in this gallery, and it's a doozy! I'm guessing that there were no payments made for the rights to Tarzan, Zorro or Superman here, and I wouldn't be surprised if the games themselves were directly stole from other games published outside that country, either!

getsmart_argentinapuzzle
Yes, friends, here's another of those Argentina cube puzzles! It's interesting to note that it's for Get Smart!, which had probably been off network TV for a decade or longer when this came out!

gijoe_cardgame1
gijoe_cardgame2
Now, for some GI Joe stuff, beginning with this card game! Just looking at it, I would guess that it's basically a variation on Old Maid.

gijoe_torpedocoloring
GI Joe Coloring Book!

giveashow_disney_italian
This was an interesting item for me to find... it's an Italian Give-A-Show Projector! Now, as you may recall (or may not), Kenner's projectors never included any Disney characters, as Magna-Slide had those rights in the US and Canada, while the UK Give-A-Shows did have Disney characters, and lots of them to boot! I'm unaware if this Italian release was the same as any of the UK ones, or if they were completely original! Since I don't read Italian, I didn't consider bidding on this one to see if it was or wasn't. It does appear to be very duck-oriented!

goldenvoyage_pb
goldenvoyage_pb3
goldenvoyage_pb4
Golden Voyage of Sinbad press book above, and promotional stills below!
goldenvoyage_still1
goldenvoyage_still2
goldenvoyage_still3

goldkey_minicomics
These mini-comics, sold pretty cheaply as you can see, are much more valuable these days, even though it's likely they probably just had reformatted reprints in them! I think they had several different sets of these.

greatamericans_lincoln
greatamericans_sam
greatamericans_washington
These Great Americans action figures had to have come out around 1976, which not only was the celebration of the US's Bicentennial, but also the height of the 8" action figure craze.

greatheroes_case
greatheroes_case2
I don't know what figure scale this Great Heroes play case was for, but isn't it cool?

greenhornet_blackbeautyballoon
Now, for a few Green Hornet items, beginning with this Black Beauty balloon toy! Wish they'd had a pic of the other side...

greenhornet_clubcard
Green Hornet Club membership card!

greenhornet_costume
greenhornet_costume2
This Green Hornet Halloween costume may have been the most accurate costume of its type, with only a small logo intruding on it!

greenhornet_flashlight
Green Hornet flashlight!

greenhornet_poster
And we'll finish up today's post with this Green Hornet poster!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.