Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Cool Stuff!


coolstuff
It's time for Cool Stuff! Let's see what I have this time around...
projector_archiestrip
So, I'm sure you've noticed one thing here immediately... this is no Archie Andrews on these film strips that you recall from Archie Comics, right? Well, that's because this isn't that Archie Andrews! The picture you see is of a ventriloquist dummy by that name, manipulated by Peter Brough. He was popular in the UK in the 1950s and 1960s. If you're curious about this Archie Andrews, check out this video:
projector_peakcine
Next up, here's a home movie projector for kids! I'm guessing this was produced in the 1950s or earlier, given the presence of Laurel and Hardy on the box, but I could be wrong!

puzzle_snuffysmith
Back in more familiar territory, here's a Snuffy Smith frame-tray puzzle!

puzzles_assorted
Here's a group of geeky puzzles... I can't help but notice the Superman one has a rather familiar-looking lizard/dragon, that was discussed in the back pages of Back Issue! recently!

puzzles_assortment
Check this out... this assortment of puzzles are based on Big Little Book covers, and the packaging even makes them look like Big Little Books! I'd love to get the Fantastic Four, Shazzan, and Frankenstein Jr. ones, myself!

quatermassandpit_still1
Next, a still from Quatermass and the Pit!

record_superherorecords
This set of Superhero Records would've been an awesome win on eBay, wouldn't it? Although I still find myself wondering why a Metamorpho record was made, and not, say, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, or any other DC character who was more popular!

robbytherobot_toy
Robby the Robot toy! This is awesome!

robinsoncrusoeonmars_mexlc
Robinson Crusoe on Mars Mexican lobby card!

robotcommando1
robotcommando2
robotcommando3
I love checking out old robot toys, this was the first time I'd seen Robot Commando!

rockemsockemrobots
Of course, here's a classic robot toy that has endured!

rocketeer_coloring
Rocketeer coloring book! I really need to see this movie again soon...

rockyjones_coloring
Rocky Jones coloring book! I don't remember if this is the same book I posted a while back.

roger_button
Who Framed Roger Rabbit? promo button!

roger_coloringactivitybooks
roger_stickerfun
Roger Rabbit coloring and activity books!

roger_foreigncards
Roger Rabbit cards from Argentina!

roger_poster
Roger Rabbit short poster!

roger_puzzle
Roger Rabbit puzzle!

roger_windup
Wind-Up Roger Rabbit toy from Japan!

secretagent_costume
Just in time for Halloween... Secret Agent costume!

seventhvoyage_lcs
We'll wrap up this post with the above lobby cards and below stills from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad!
seventhvoyage_still1

1 comment:

  1. The DC records brought back a dormant memory. I recall buying an LP in the late 1960s featuring dramatizations of the origin stories of The Flash and Green Lantern. It puzzled me that the GL origin was the 1940s version, though the 1960s character was shown on the cover. Does anyone remember this disc?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.