Thursday, November 24, 2016

Cool Stuff!

coolstuff
For this Thanksgiving (in the US, anyway), here's an extra-large helping of Cool Stuff!

sf_attheearthscore
First up is this copy of Edgar Rice Burroughs' At the Earth's Core, with a movie tie-in cover!

sf_futureworld
Next, here's the paperback adaptation of Futureworld!

sf_manwhofell
Our next book cover is The Man Who Fell To Earth, which apparently hadn't been made into a movie yet when this edition was printed!

sf_sfincinema
Here's a paperback edition of Science Fiction in the Cinema, a book I don't believe I've ever read.

sf_twentyalltimegreat
Here's another book about SF films!

sf_shrinkingman
And we're back to another paperback edition of an SF classic that was adapted into a movie, although this hadn't been adapted yet!

sf_visittoasmall
This edition of Visit to a Small Planet had already been made into the movie starring Jerry Lewis!

sf_voyage
And here's the last of the novels, I think... based on the movie this time, it's Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!

sftvposter1
Seeing this SF TV Poster Magazine #1 for sale reminds me of how much SF there was on TV for a brief time in the 1970s! Note the cover featuring TV's Incredible Hulk, Lou Ferrigno -- did I ever mention we both have November 9th birthdays?

sh_greatheroescase
I'm not too sure which scale this "Great Heroes Case" was designed for... it could be for Megos, or for Super Powers/Secret Wars!

shadow_bagatelleshadow_bagatelle2
shadow_bagatelle3
I don't usually come across very much Shadow merchandise when I'm browsing eBay... but here's a bagatelle game featuring the character, which I'm assuming was produced in the 1970s when there was a burst in interest in him!

shadow_still
And here's a still from one of the Shadow movie serials!

shogun_fig1shogun_fig2
One of these days, I've got to see for sure which of the Shogun Warriors figures I've got photos of in my files! Not sure which one this is!

shogun_mazingerjapan
Here's a Japanese Mazinger!

shogun_vanguard
And here's a Japanese Vanguard in the larger scale!

sixmillion_79annual
Next, some Six Million Dollar Man items! Here's a UK Annual, which either collected comics from the UK or from Charlton's comics along with some text stories!

sixmillion_argentinapuzzle1
sixmillion_argentinapuzzle2
sixmillion_argentinapuzzle3
sixmillion_argentinapuzzle4
sixmillion_argentinapuzzle5
sixmillion_argentinapuzzle6
Argentinian cube puzzle!

sixmillion_bathrobe
Kids bathrobe!

sixmillion_bionicbits
I'd never heard of "Bionic Bits" cookies before, but I can see here they gave you a nice collectible cup to use after the cookies were eaten!

sixmillion_bionicbustout1
sixmillion_bionicbustout2
Bionic Bustout model kit!

Next, here's some instruction booklets for the Six Million Dollar Man action figure! I figure someone might be interested in checking these out!
sixmillion_bionicmissioninst1
sixmillion_bionicmissioninst2
sixmillion_bionictransportinst1
sixmillion_bionictransportinst2

sixmillion_bionicwoman_costume1
sixmillion_bionicwoman_costume2
Bionic Woman Halloween costume!

sixmillion_bionicwomanactivity
Bionic Woman activity book!

sixmillion_buckle
Steve Austin Belt Buckle!

sixmillion_cardspack
Six Million Dollar Man card pack!

sixmillion_commandconsole
Command Console!

sixmillion_costume1
sixmillion_costume2
This Six Million Dollar Man playsuit is pretty much dead-on to the version worn by the action figure!

sixmillion_costumeb1
sixmillion_costumeb2
Compare that to the actual Halloween costume! Why they didn't just use the playsuit with the mask?

sixmillion_crazy
The Bionic Couple made the cover of this issue of Marvel's Crazy magazine!

sixmillion_dollar
This paperback book was probably put out in a hurry after the Bionic Woman spin-off started airing... wouldn't surprise me if it was a Scholastic Books selection!

sixmillion_funnymoney
Honestly, what kind of market was there, really, for funny money with TV characters on them? Then again, I keep seeing souvenir shops selling fake drivers licenses for TV characters...

sixmillion_gamebook
The 1970s had an explosion of puzzle books! It seemed like just about every major license had one at times!

sixmillion_lunchbox
sixmillion_lunchbox2
sixmillion_lunchbox3
Six Million Dollar Man lunch boxes!

sixmillion_missiontomars
Here's a Mission to Mars outfit for the Steve Austin action figure! Seeing this reminds me of back in my days when I'd sell toys and comics at local conventions... I had a table at the Greater Seattle Area Toy Show, and one item I had was a naked Six Million Dollar Man. My brother watched my table while I looked around and found someone had a couple of outfits for Steve on the card for a pretty cheap price, so I bought them all, went back to my table, put the astronaut outfit on my naked Steve Austin, and was able to sell it for more than the combined price of what I paid for the outfits plus what I was selling the naked doll for!

sixmillion_modelevilrider
sixmillion_modelfight
Here's a few more of the Six Million Dollar Man model kits!

sixmillion_moviecassette
I knew there were movie cassettes for this show for the hand-held movie viewer Kenner had, but I didn't know about the desktop viewer before!

sixmillion_novelrescue
sixmillion_novels
sixmillion_novelsecret
Here's a sampling of Six Million Dollar Man novels, none of which I've read (although I did read Cyborg by Martin Cadin, which the show was based on).

sixmillion_patch
Iron-on patch!

sixmillion_puzzle1sixmillion_puzzle2sixmillion_puzzle3
These type of puzzles are known as "oil can" puzzles, because they were sold in those round containers reminiscent of the old oil cans that motor oil used to be sold in back in the day!

sixmillion_puzzle4
sixmillion_puzzle5
As you can see, there were a number of different puzzles put out!

sixmillion_record
Power Records put out a few Six Million Dollar Man records.

sixmillion_scifimonthly
Here's an issue of Sci-Fi Monthly featuring Lee Majors!

sixmillion_stickers1
sixmillion_stickers2
Here's some Bionic Stickers, but I don't think they were sold as part of what I've got below... it's more likely they were included in Kenner's action figures, or sold in vending machines.

sixmillion_tattoos1
sixmillion_tattoos2
sixmillion_tattoos3
Bionic Tattoos!

sixmillion_trashcan1
sixmillion_trashcan2
Trash Can!

sixmillion_watch1
sixmillion_watch2
And we'll wrap this up with this Six Million Dollar Man watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.