Friday, November 25, 2016

Fandom Library: Selections from Laugh-In Magazine #1!

fandomlibrary
Well, I knew I had more issues of this in my files somewhere... it was just a matter of time until I came across them! For the uninitiated, Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In is one of my favorite comedy shows of the late 60s, even though at the time it originally aired, my parents usually didn't allow me to watch it! Still, I managed to absorb enough of it to recall it fondly, and have enjoyed the rare reruns when I can catch them.

What I didn't know until a few years ago is that a tie-in magazine was published that lasted only 12 issues. It doesn't appear that anyone connected with the show had anything to do with the magazine at all, it was just a licensing thing, although photos of the cast members would be used, along with other elements from the show. 

Today, I present a selection of pages from the first issue of this magazine, so enjoy! I will return to later issues of this in the future.

laughin1_01

laughin1_02
laughin1_05
laughin1_08
laughin1_11
laughin1_15
laughin1_16
laughin1_17
laughin1_27
laughin1_34
laughin1_40
laughin1_41
laughin1_42
laughin1_45
The LP featured here seems to be taken entirely from the first episode of the show, minus the purely visual stuff.
laughin1_50
laughin1_54
laughin1_56

1 comment:

  1. I have a later issue of RMLI that has MUCH less to do with the show. I memory serves, other than the cover the mag was a "cracked" clone. This first ish was actually kind of promising!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.